April 21, 2014 by Minuteman Trucks
You expect the right fit and long-lasting durability from Motorcraft® and Ford Genuine Parts. Now, we have a new warranty to back it up, with no commercial exceptions.
Ford Motor Company has increased the Service Parts Warranty (SPW) on Ford & Motorcraft parts to 24 months & unlimited miles effective October 1, 2013.
This new warranty is the perfect fit:
- The new Service Parts Warranty (SPW) applies to all Motorcraft® and Ford Genuine Parts sold to customers or installed on a customer-paid repair effective October 1, 2013.
- Now SPW labor, for parts sold over the counter, is reimbursable to requesting fleets and installers. Limit of $150 per repair.
- A greater SPW coverage remains unchanged on parts with unique warranty coverages—see below.
Even more protection for your business…
- Sheet Metal: Lifelong warranty provided for original purchaser.
- Gas Engine and Transmission Assemblies: Protection for 36 months/unlimited miles. Plus labor for fleet or installer purchases.
- Diesel Engine Assemblies: 24 months/unlimited miles. Plus labor for parts purchased.
- Spark Plug Wire Sets and Shock Absorbers: Lifelong protection for original purchaser. For subsequent owners, 24 months/24,000 miles.
- Batteries: BXT line is 36 months/100,000 miles pro-rated. BXL line is 18 months/84,000 miles pro-rated.
- IMPORTANT: This is a summary of the warranty highlights. For more information, the seller will refer to the Ford Warranty & Policy Manual.
Ford’s part warranty provides customers towing reimbursement for repairs completed at any Ford or Lincoln Dealership. The warranty also provides Independent Repair Facilities the ability to complete repairs for customers by securing parts from a dealership or Ford Authorized Distributor. All customers benefit with more options on how they can have their vehicles serviced.