May 27, 2014 by Minuteman Trucks
This safety bulletin is brought to you by Idealease
Roadcheck is the largest targeted enforcement program on commercial vehicles in the world, with approximately 14 trucks or buses being inspected, on average, every minute from Canada to Mexico during a 72-hour period in early June.
Roadcheck is one of a series of activities that occur year round whereby CVSA-certified inspectors conduct compliance, enforcement and educational initiatives targeted at various elements of motor carrier, vehicle, driver and cargo safety and security.
Since its inception in 1988, the roadside inspections conducted during Roadcheck have numbered over 1 Million, resulting in more than 220 lives saved and 4,045 injuries avoided. It has also provided for the distribution of countless pieces of educational literature and safety events to educate industry and the general public about the importance of safe commercial vehicle operations and the roadside inspection program.
Safety tips you should always keep in mind while driving:
- Buckle up!
- Pre-inspect the condition of your vehicle before and check for load securement.
- Get in a safe mindset! Obey speed limits and traffic signs.
- Maintain a safe following distance.
- Make only safe and necessary lane changes.
- Focus on your driving and avoid (or minimize) in-truck distractions, such as cellphone use.
- Never drive under the influence!
- Get enough sleep.