Leave a comment
June 19, 2015 by Minuteman Trucks
It’s summer and the kids are out of school! Drive carefully and follow these tips to ensure the safety of everyone on the road:
- The last week of school is an exciting time for children and they may become preoccupied and forget the rules of the road. Use extra caution when driving through school zones.
- During those last few days of school, be aware that kids may be arriving or leaving school at different times throughout the day.
- Remember that playground speed limits remain in effect year round. Observe carefully when driving around playgrounds and parks. Small children are less predictable and harder to see than adults.
- Watch for clues, a hockey net or ball in the road or on the sidewalk can mean kids are playing nearby. Pay attention and always anticipate the unexpected.
- Always watch for small children as you’re backing up. Walk around your vehicle to make sure no kids or pets are behind it.
This safety bulletin is brought to you by Idealease