July 8, 2015 by Minuteman Trucks
Want to get more out of your tires without having to sacrifice your wallet at the fuel pump? Tires play a key role in the performance of a vehicle which is often reflected in your wallet. By following some of these steps, you can increase the efficiency of both your vehicle and your fuel economy.
- Knowing the difference between when to use Rib and Lug design tires can improve fuel economy by as much as 14%
- Using fuel efficient tires can lead to a 7% increase in mpg
- Fuel efficient tires have improved fuel economy with increased tire wear
- Proper Inflation is key: every 10 psi reduction equals a 0.1 mpg decrease
- Look at your tires for signs of chassis misalignment
Want to learn more about how to improve your efficiency? Click here to download.