May 27, 2016 by Minuteman Trucks
Honor & remember the fallen heroes who gave so much to protect our freedom! Also keep in your thoughts and prayers the well being of the men and women who currently serve in our armed forces.
In observance of Memorial Day, Minuteman will be closed Monday May 30, 2016.
Stay safe this weekend! Here are some safety tips from the MA Office of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation:
- Food Safety
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water before handling food and after handling raw poultry or meat. To guard against cross-contamination of bacteria, keep uncooked meats away from other foods.
- Cook foods thoroughly, especially ground beef, poultry, and pork.
- Refrigerate all perishable food within two hours.
- Fire Safety
- When using a grill, be sure to clean it thoroughly to remove any grease or dust. Check for gas leaks. Use the grill outside, not in a garage, porch, or other enclosed space.
- If you plan to use a fire pit, be sure to put out fire completely before leaving it unattended.
- Do not park your vehicle on grass as the hot exhaust can easily ignite dry vegetation.
- Water Safety
- Don’t swim alone.
- Wear a life vest while boating.
- Supervise children at all times in and near the water.
- Sun Safety
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher. Apply it generously throughout the day.
- Wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Travel Safety
- Don’t drink and drive or travel with anyone who has been drinking.
- Wear your seatbelt at all times.
- Make sure your vehicle has been serviced before a long road trip.
- Familiarize yourself with your surroundings and know where the nearest emergency room is in case of an emergency.
Enjoy the holiday weekend with friends and family! And, remember to pay your respects to those who have given so much so that we can enjoy the liberties we have today. For more safety information, visit us at www.mass.gov/consumer.