June 6, 2016 by Minuteman Trucks
International Truck Recognizes High-Performing Dealers for Their Commitment to Improving Service Dwell Time
Walpole, MA –June 6, 2016 –Minuteman Trucks today announced that it has been recognized by International Truck as a Diamond Edge℠ Certified dealer, a collaborative effort between International Truck and its dealer body to recognize dealers for their commitment to uptime and to drive awareness of the high-performing service offered to customers from dealers with this designation.
“It is an honor for our dealership and people at Minuteman Trucks, Inc., to have earned the Diamond Edge certification,” said Richard Witcher, CEO, Minuteman Trucks, Inc. “It validates our commitment to reduce dwell time and improve service for our customers who rely on their trucks every day to maintain and grow their businesses.”
“International Truck has an unrelenting passion for delivering on our mission of uptime,” said Mark Reiter, vice president, Customer Support, Navistar. “The Diamond Edge Certified Program recognizes dealers with the highest-performing service departments in our network.”
Diamond Edge Certification is earned by achieving rigorous parts and service metrics based on customer dwell time, which is the time it takes for a customer to get their truck diagnosed, repaired and back on the road.
To achieve Diamond Edge Certification status, International truck dealers must:
- Meet or exceed service dwell time metrics and define long-term action plans for continuous and ongoing service dwell time improvement at dealership location
- Provide dedicated Accelerated Service lanes where customers receive immediate vehicle evaluation by a technician and are informed of required repair, required parts and availability, and estimated repair time within two hours of vehicle’s arrival
- Enroll new truck orders onto the OnCommand™ Connection remote diagnostics system and designate an OnCommand Connection service champion at each service location
- Participate in the dealership inventory alliance (DIA) parts inventory program to ensure common parts are readily available in dealer inventory
“We are proud to be a Diamond Edge certified International truck dealer serving the New England region because we know that our service is keeping our customers’ trucks on the road,” added Witcher.
Our two associate dealers, Mid-State International Trucks in Worcester, MA and SAV Transportation Services, Inc. in Wareham, MA are both also Diamond Certified.
- Click here to download Minuteman’s Diamond Edge Certificate.
- Click here to download Mid-State International’s Diamond Edge Certificate.
- Click here to download SAV Transportation Services’ Diamond Edge Certificate.