June 13, 2016 by Minuteman Trucks
That time of year has finally come! Summer’s here, bringing with it warmer temperatures. Kids spend more time playing outside and adults try and take advantage of the change in season, so let’s try and stay safe this year. Here are some driving tips to keep in mind for the summer season:
- Mind the excitement of children during the last week of school as they become less aware of their surroundings. Use extra caution in school zones.
- Be aware in the last few days of school students will be arriving/leaving school at different times.
- Playground speed limits are in effect year round. Look for small children as you pass through such areas.
- Look for signs of children playing in the area, i.e. soccer balls, skateboards, etc. Always be ready for the unexpected.
- Before backing up, check around your vehicle for small children or pets.
- Remember to share the road and be on the lookout for what you might not expect, i.e. motorcyclists, cyclists, pedestrians, etc.
- Always be alert while driving through construction zones.
- Don’t leave your children in the car, no matter for how long or how open the windows are. Temperatures climb fast inside cars.
- Make sure that your vehicle is in proper condition and check things such as the tire pressure and your breaks.
This safety bulletin is brought to you by Idealease.