Leave a comment
November 1, 2016 by Minuteman Trucks
Make sure to avoid these distracting behaviors when you are behind the wheel.
- Using the phone. When talking on the phone while driving you are trying to multi-task. Your brain is rapidly shifting its focus from one thing to another. During the shift you could miss an important detail.
- Eating or drinking.
- Tuning the radio, adjusting a navigation system, or anything that would draw your eyes away from the road.
- Applying make-up or shaving. Your eyes are off the road and you are not actively driving.
- Glancing at a map or navigation system. Your eyes are now focused on that object instead of the road. Pull over to figure out where you are going.
- Music is too loud. You cannot hear sirens or other noises that are meant to alert drivers. Studies have shown that reaction times have decreased by 20% when music is too loud.
- Pets or passengers that could avert your eyes from the road.
Video and article brought to you by Automotive Fleet.